Every Man Should Own a Blazer
Blazers can be a powerful item of clothing. They can get you noticed quickly and every many needs to own at least one. Why is that?
- Masculinity – Some of the manliest men in the world are typically always seen wearing a blazer of some sort – think David Beckham, Tom Ford and others here. This means that wearing a blazer is like getting a one way ticket to testosterone land. Face it, people only care about clothes so that they will be able to attract the people who want to take them off.
- It creates a hiding place – Blazers that are form fitting are able to give your body an entirely new silhouette…which is great for those times when you haven’t really been getting to the gym as much as you should be. It doesn’t matter if your issue is flabby forearms, a spare tire or even love handles, a blazer tends to have clean lines that will instantly give you a look that is leaner.
- It is versatile – A blazer of one of those few clothing items that can work well with anything from a t-shirt to a black tie. In essence, the possibilities that you have with a blazer can be never ending.
Buying a Blazer
- Shop for fit – If you get a blazer that hangs on you like a shapeless sack, you will not be doing yourself any favors. The jacket needs to follow your body’s natural lines. It should lay flat against your back and the holes for the arms need to be high enough that your chest is delineated. The torso area needs to taper down to your midsection and the shoulders of the blazer need to end right where your shoulders do. The sleeve should show roughly a ½ inch of the cuff of your shirt. As far as length goes, it should cover your rear…barely.
- Style – Don’t overdo things with bright colors and over the top patterns. It is always best to have at least one basic navy blue blazer that will look good with anything while not being too flashy.