I’m in a list-y kind of mood these days, so imagine my delight when I cracked open my December Lucky magazine and found their editors’ 100 edicts to live by. It’s the ultimate fashion and beauty list; the advice is specific and pragmatic. My favorites:
24. If you’re out of scrub (face or body), remember that ancient implement, the washcloth.
37. Buy clothes you’ll wear on a Tuesday afternoon, not a Saturday night — few people lead Saturday-night lives.
52. Try on your entire wardrobe every six months with an honest friend or mirror nearby.
78. The best and most comfortable flats are usually the cheapest.
100. When all else fails, a skinny cardigan can pull any look together.
You can see the full list at the Lucky web site.